Saturday, June 21, 2014

Travel Tip 13 - Buckle Up

Well, this post isn't too exciting at all. But it is just a reminder to buckle up even while on vacation. I just read an article about injuries on a plane during turbulence. I sure don't like to think that that can happen but it does. On a recent flight, it was fairly bumpy but the seat belt sign had been turned off so I headed to the bathroom with my oldest child. The pilot turned the seat belt sign back on while we were in the bathroom and we made it back just in time before the plane started bouncing again. It is not an option while on an airplane, my kids are always buckled up. Yes, sometimes they are all sprawled out laying across me and other seats but they are buckled up. You can never be too cautious.

Oh, I didn't even mention buckling up in the car. I am sure everyone does that but here is a tip: when you are trying to put that car seat in the car after getting off the plane, take a few minutes and do it right. I always get in a hurry and sometimes know that I could do a better job if I took my time. So take your time and play it safe!

6 comments: