Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Travel Tip 7 - Don't worry about their ears

Oh, so many things to worry about-but here is one thing that you don't have to worry about on a plane: ears! How many times have you heard someone say that kids will fuss on a plane because of their ears. Maybe it is true-but for the most part it is probably just an old wives tale. Yes, their ears may be uncomfortable-so let them have their paci, feed them (forget about that Babywise schedule), give them something to eat or even rub their ears. My 2 month old wasn't bothered by his ears on his first flight nor have my 3 kids on any of their other flights-well over 30 different flights. My son even had a horrible ear infection (which we didn't know about) on our last flights home and never seemed to be bothered by it. The doctor explained the science of why the flight didn't hurt him but it was too complex for me to get. But I do get this: don't worry about their ears, they will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment