Thursday, June 19, 2014

Travel Tip 12 - Extra Clothes

Have you ever tried to buy clothes for a 2 year old at Walgreens? I have and there aren't many choices-so she wore a boys undershirt and a sweatshirt that she can probably wear well in 5 years. Needless to say, now I always have a change of clothes for each of my kids with me. Yes, that is alot of clothes but it just takes one accident, one sick kid or even one ice cream cone to cause havoc. My kids are small so maybe older preschoolers or even older kids may not need extra clothes.....but you never can be too cautious.

I find the smallest and thinest clothes-a complete outfit including socks, underwear or diaper. Each set of clothes I stuff into a gallon ziplock bag and squeeze the air out. In the car, I can throw these in the trunk and can get to them easily and on a plane, I line the bottom of my diaperbag backpack with them. It seems like a hassle and I usually never need them (except for the baby) but when you need extra clothes-you need them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment