Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Travel Tip 2-Ziplock bags are your friend

When packing for my family, I usually use a zillion ziplock bags. Yes, I mean a zillion. For each child, I stuff a shirt, pants, socks, diaper or underwear in a gallon bag. I have even done that with my clothes-well, not all of my clothes will usually fit in a gallon size ziplock bag. But anyway, any thing that has liquid in it (cough medicine, juiceboxes) are also packed in ziplock bags. With my medicine, each bottle is in a small bag and then they are all placed into a large bag. Also, anything that I do not want to get wet (just about everything else) is in a bag.
Plus, I have a bag for morning stuff (toothpaste, toothbrushes, comb, hair bows,...) and bag for bathtime stuff (small bath toys, soap, lotion...) That way the bag is easy to grab when I need it. I try to divide my snacks into snack size bags so I can just reach in the diaper bag and pass out the goodies and then that evening I can take more snack size bags from my suitcase to refill the diaper bag stash.
Also, it is handy to take a few extra bags for wet swimsuits, collecting rocks on the beach, holding snacks after the kids tear the bag apart, or even a hand puppet while waiting in a line. Ziplock bags are your friend and you can never have to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment