Monday, June 9, 2014

Travel Tip 6: Pack the Medicine

We usually remember the big items while packing but sometimes I forget about the things that I usually don't need-like medicine. But when a kid wakes in the middle of the night with crazy high temperature or even worse, the stomach bug, you need to have your medicine. I have my trusty ziplock bags (see Travel Tip 2) filled with every medicine we could need on our trip. Yes, it takes up tons of packing room but if I need it, I have to have it. Tylenol, thermometer, Benadryl, any prescription medicine that we have used lately. If it is in my medicine cabinet now, I take it. I try to condense it and take the smallest amount I can but how horrible would it be to desparately need medicine in the middle of the night and not have it. Also, I always try to spot the closest Walgreens or 24 hour store on my way to the hotel-you never know what you are going to need. Also, if we are traveling in the car, I always stick in my pedialyte. We have never needed it (knock on wood) but it is nice to know that it is there if we do. So take that medicine and hopefully you will never need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment