Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Travel Tip 14 - Stop and Pick up Sticks

When it was just my husband and I traveling, we could go from morning to night without stopping. We would hop out of the car to take a picture and jump back in-but now we are traveling with kids-and everything is different. I first realized this when we hopped out of the car to take a quick picture and 15 minutes later my daughter is still picking up sticks. Yes, it would have been quicker to shoo her in the car but trust me, she had more fun looking at sticks in front of the Mammoth Caves sign.

I have come to realize that my kids memories are different than mine. I remember the museums, the restaurants or the scenery. My kids remember the donuts, the swimming pool, the bugs and even the sticks. It is good for my husband and me to slow down and let them be kids and explore. There will be plenty of time for everything we want to do and there will be time to smell the roses and pick up the sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment