Monday, July 7, 2014

Will it Fit?

Flying 1400 miles, driving well over 1000 miles, 7 nights in 5 different hotels, 3 kids, 3 car seats, 2 back packs, 1 diaper bag, 1 ice chest, 1 pack n play and how many suitcases do I take? That is the question. Well, since my airline and most other airlines charge per suitcase-how many do I take. So here is the plan: carry 1 small suitcase on and check 1 very large suitcase. Will it work? I don't know.

Since we are changing hotels so often, I hope to pack everything we need for one night in the small suitcase. Each night, I can grab the bags with the next days clothes in it and put them in the small suitcase. That means-5 people (yes, 3 of them are little people) in 2 suitcases for 1 week. We are going to do 1 night of laundry so I can narrow down the clothes we take by 1/2. But with little kids, that is still a lot of clothes since I have to be prepared for any drip, spill or accident.

Should pack 7 outfits (one for each day), but since we are doing laundry that bumps it down to 4 outfits. So the plan is 2 outfits in the big suitcase, 1 in the small one and 1 each in my diaper bag. Math...eeek. Now, I need to multiply all of that by 5: 10 outfits in the large suitcase, 5 in the small one and 3 each in the diaper bag (hopefully, my husband and I can keep our clothes accident free). And again I ask, will it work? We will see, preliminary packing starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment