Thursday, June 12, 2014

Travel Tip 9 - They will eat when they are hungry

Eating while traveling is hard for adults so I can only imagine that it is harder for kids. When we travel my kids are distracted by the new surroundings, scared to try new food or even too tired or too hot to eat. So here is what I do, I trust that they have enough sense to eat when they are hungry. If they eat when we sit down to eat, great; if they don't, then they will eat later. Actually, that is the eating philosophy at my house when we are not traveling-why sweat the small stuff.

It is important to have plenty of snacks and drinks with you so they can eat when they are hungry. But those snacks are also great to prevent a meltdown or to be used as bribes. I choose not to worry about what they eat while traveling and I especially don't worry about them not eating a balanced meal. We can eat more balanced meals at home-the main goal while traveling is keeping your kids happy. If that means they don't eat a bite at supper, then that is okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment